How to Use DMIFIT Tool and HPBQ138.EXE to Update HP System Board Information
If you have an HP laptop that shows an error message like \"Product Information Not Valid\" or \"System Board (00A)\" when you boot it up, you may need to use the DMIFIT tool and HPBQ138.EXE to update the system board information. This article will show you how to do that in a few simple steps.
What is DMIFIT Tool and HPBQ138.EXE?
DMIFIT tool is a utility that allows you to modify the Desktop Management Interface (DMI) information stored on the system board of HP laptops. DMI is a standard that provides a consistent way of describing the hardware and software components of a computer system. DMI information includes product name, serial number, SKU, family, etc.
HPBQ138.EXE is a specific version of the DMIFIT tool that works with certain models of HP laptops. You can find the list of compatible models on the HP website or in the readme file of the tool. You can also try other versions of the DMIFIT tool, such as HPBQ193.EXE or HPBI103.EXE, depending on your laptop model.
Why Do You Need to Update System Board Information?
Sometimes, due to a system board replacement, a BIOS update, or a firmware corruption, the DMI information on the system board may become missing or invalid. This can cause various problems, such as:
The laptop may not boot up properly or display an error message.
The laptop may not recognize some hardware components or accessories.
The laptop may not be able to activate Windows or other software licenses.
The laptop may not be eligible for warranty or support services from HP.
To fix these issues, you need to update the system board information using the DMIFIT tool and HPBQ138.EXE.
How to Update System Board Information?
To update the system board information, you need to follow these steps:
Download the DMIFIT tool and HPBQ138.EXE from the HP website or from a trusted source. You can also contact HP support and request them to send you the files.
Extract the files to a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD. Make sure the USB flash drive or CD/DVD is bootable.
Turn off your laptop and insert the USB flash drive or CD/DVD into it.
Turn on your laptop and press F9 or Esc repeatedly to enter the boot menu. Select the USB flash drive or CD/DVD as the boot device.
Once in the DOS environment, type: \"HPBQ138.exe\" without the quotes. This should start the DMIFIT utility.
Follow the guide below to update system board information:
(0) Serial NumberThe serial number of your laptop. You can find it on the back of your laptop or on a sticker inside the battery compartment.CND123456789
(1) Notebook ModelThe model number of your laptop. You can find it on the back of your laptop or on a sticker inside the battery compartment.HP ProBook 450 G2
(2) GUID NumberA random number that identifies your laptop. You can select 1 to generate a new GUID number.12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789ABC
(3) UUID NumberA unique number that identifies your laptop. You can select 1 to generate a new UUID number.12345678-1234-5678-9012-34567890ABCD
(4) CTO Localization CodeA code that indicates the country and language of your laptop. You can find it on the back of your laptop or on a sticker inside 29c81ba772